The lead generation revenue projection template provides a quick and easy method to estimate the revenue for the next 5 years for a business which uses a sales force to generate leads.
As well as revenue from lead generation, the template also allows for other revenue types to be included.
The revenue forecast generated can be used as starting point for our Financial Projections Template for inclusion in a business plan for a lead generation based business.
Using the Lead Generation Revenue Template
The Excel lead generation revenue template, available for download below, calculates the annual revenue for a lead generation based business plan by entering details as follows:
- Enter the sales representatives. This is the estimated average number of people who are sale representatives for the business over the year.
- Enter the calls / representative. This is the average number of phone calls to customers made by each representative each week.
- Enter the calls to meetings conversion %. The percentage of phone calls which are converted into meetings with customers. The lead generation revenue template calculates the total number of meetings each week.
- Enter the meetings to sales conversion %. This is the percentage of meetings which are converted to sales. The template calculates the number of sales for the week, rounding down to the nearest sale.
- Enter the sale price This is the average value attributed to each sale. The lead generation template calculates the revenue for the week, and the revenue for the year based on a 52 week year.
- Enter details of other revenue for the year. For completeness, the template allows up to two categories of other revenue to be entered in total for the year. The lead generation revenue template calculates the total annual revenue for the business.
Lead Generation Revenue Projection Template Download
The projection template is available for download in Excel format by following the link below.
The lead generation sales forecast produced by this template can be used as the starting point for our Financial Projections Template, as part of a lead generation based business plan.
Users use the lead generation sales projection template to generate sales projections at their own risk. We make no warranty or representation as to its accuracy and we are covered by the terms of our legal disclaimer, which you are deemed to have read. This is an example of lead generation plan template that you might use when considering how to start a lead generation based business. It is purely illustrative. This is not intended to reflect general standards or targets for any particular company or sector. If you do spot a mistake in the lead generation business plan template, please let us know and we will try to fix it.
About the Author
Chartered accountant Michael Brown is the founder and CEO of Plan Projections. He has worked as an accountant and consultant for more than 25 years and has built financial models for all types of industries. He has been the CFO or controller of both small and medium sized companies and has run small businesses of his own. He has been a manager and an auditor with Deloitte, a big 4 accountancy firm, and holds a degree from Loughborough University.