The online store revenue projection template provides a quick and easy method to estimate revenue generated by an online store website for the next 5 years.
As well as revenue from online sales, the template also allows for other sundry revenue to be included.
The revenue forecast generated can be used as starting point for our Financial Projections Template for inclusion in a business plan for an online store.
Using the Online Store Revenue Template
The Excel online store revenue template, available for download below, calculates the annual revenue for an online store business plan by entering details as follows:
- Enter the marketing budget.This is the annual marketing budget to run Adwords cost per click (CPC) campaigns.
- Enter the average cost per click. This is the average cost per click for keywords used in the Adword campaigns. The template calculates the number of paid visits for the year.
- Enter the organic visits. This is estimated number of organic visits to the online store website. The template calculates the total number of visits to the website for the year.
- Enter the conversion rate. This is the percentage of visits which convert to a sale. The online store revenue template calculates the number of sales made each year.
- Enter the average basket value. This is the average value of a customer shopping cart basket. The template calculates the online store revenue for the year.
- Enter details of other revenue for the year. For completeness, the template allows up to five categories of other revenue to be entered in total for the year. The online store revenue template calculates the total annual revenue for the online store.
Online Store Revenue Projection Template Download
The online store revenue projection template is available for download in Excel format by following the link below.
The online store sales forecast produced by this template can be used as the starting point for our Financial Projections Template, as part of an online store business plan.
Users use the online store revenue financial projection template to generate online store sales projections at their own risk. We make no warranty or representation as to its accuracy and we are covered by the terms of our legal disclaimer, which you are deemed to have read. This is an example of sales forecasting software that you might use when considering setting up an online store business. It is purely illustrative of an internet business plan. This is not intended to reflect general standards or targets for any particular company or sector. If you do spot a mistake in the online store business plan template, please let us know and we will try to fix it.
About the Author
Chartered accountant Michael Brown is the founder and CEO of Plan Projections. He has worked as an accountant and consultant for more than 25 years and has built financial models for all types of industries. He has been the CFO or controller of both small and medium sized companies and has run small businesses of his own. He has been a manager and an auditor with Deloitte, a big 4 accountancy firm, and holds a degree from Loughborough University.