The retail store revenue projection template provides a quick and easy method to estimate revenue generated by a retail store business for the next 5 years.
As well as revenue from retail, the template also allows for other sundry revenue to be included.
The revenue forecast generated can be used as starting point for our Financial Projections Template for inclusion in a business plan for a retail store.
Using the Retail Store Revenue Template
The Excel retail store revenue template, available for download below, calculates the annual revenue for a retail store business plan by entering details as follows:
- Enter the footfall. This is the estimated number of people who pass the retail store each day.
- Enter the customer %. This is the percentage of the passing footfall which enters the retail store. The template calculates the number of daily customers.
- Enter the % of customers who purchase. This is the percentage of customers who make a purchase. The retail store revenue template calculates the number of sales made each day.
- Enter the average sale value. This is the average value of a sale to a customer. The template calculates the retail revenue for the day.
- Enter the number of days This is the number of days the retail store is open for the year. The retail store revenue template calculates the estimated annual revenue for the year.
- Enter details of other revenue for the year. For completeness, the template allows up to five categories of other revenue to be entered in total for the year. The retail store revenue template calculates the total annual revenue for the retail store.
The retail store revenue projection template is available for download in Excel format by following the link below.
The retail store sales forecast produced by this template can be used as the starting point for our Financial Projections Template, as part of a retail store business plan.
Users use the retail store revenue financial projection template to generate retail store sales projections at their own risk. We make no warranty or representation as to its accuracy and we are covered by the terms of our legal disclaimer, which you are deemed to have read. This is an example of sales forecasting software that you might use when considering how to start a retail store business. It is purely illustrative. This is not intended to reflect general standards or targets for any particular company or sector. If you do spot a mistake in the retail store business plan template, please let us know and we will try to fix it.
About the Author
Chartered accountant Michael Brown is the founder and CEO of Plan Projections. He has worked as an accountant and consultant for more than 25 years and has built financial models for all types of industries. He has been the CFO or controller of both small and medium sized companies and has run small businesses of his own. He has been a manager and an auditor with Deloitte, a big 4 accountancy firm, and holds a BSc from Loughborough University.